The Reprise of the Enduring


Strike me from all sides

And I shall rise again.

In my heart I bear a timeless flame

that thirsts for the honor begone.


Bind me with your laws

whip me harsh with prejudice

Acrid tongues may burn me -

Yet I will come and live unscathed.


I shall rise from where you hurl me

Robed in Endurance.

For tempered steel will strike for sure

far more than untouched blades.


No taste for dominion I bear

No taste for hegemony

I seek to claim my rightful honor -

my place to live in peace.


In wakefulness, I will prevail

Until I reach that realm.

Unshaken I shall willfully await

sheathed in the glove of Time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Sleepless Mortal Mind.

Can't really deduce where I'm heading........

To the flawed and the fabulous.